If you’re wondering why we haven’t posted in awhile, the answer is simple: Because the house is currently in shambles. Our contractors have been hard at work doing all the nitty gritty details like upgrading the electric and plumbing, installing new HVAC and removing the radiators, and framing out new closets and the master bath. It’s not pretty work, but it’s the most important part of this renovation project.
The contractors still have quite a bit of work to do by our March 31 deadline (yeah—they’re really pushing it). Here’s what’s left for them to do:
- Tile the bathrooms and install sinks/toilets/showers
- Drywall the upstairs ceilings
- Paint the exterior
- Finish the electric/plumbing/HVAC
- Refinishing the hardwood floors
- And a bunch of other stuff
Once they’re done, we can take over. Here’s what’s on our punch list:
- Painting the interior
- Installing light fixtures
- Building privacy fence
- Installing the kitchen (that’s a biggie)
Who wants to come help??